Last night marked the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards on NBC, and one of the year’s most star-studded nights was also one of the most talked about.
Eight million people generated more than 17 million posts, likes and comments related to the 2015 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, January 11.
We took a deeper look at the public conversation around the event, and these were most talked-about moments on Facebook across the country related to the Golden Globes:
- Prince presents for Best Original Song; Common & John Legend win
- Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson present; Joanne Frogatt wins Best Supporting Actress
- Transparent wins Best Comedy or Musical
- Jennifer Lopez & Jeremy Renner present & Billy Bob Thornton wins for Best Actor in a Miniseries
- Ricky Gervais presents & Amy Adams wins for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey opening
- Jared Leto presents & Patricia Arquette wins for Best Supporting Actress
- Kevin Spacey wins Best Actor, Drama for House of Cards
- Bill Hader & Kristen Wiig present; Birdman wins for Best Original Screenplay
- Lily Tomlin & Jane Fonda present; Jeffrey Tambor wins for Best Actor in a Comedy
In order to give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the red carpet, Facebook embarked on its largest partnership to date with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association by creating the Facebook Lounge. As stars made their way down the red carpet, they could stop by the lounge to answer questions submitted from fans via the Today Show and Golden Globes Facebook Pages. Twenty-six stars answered questions about anything – from how they take their coffee to what they do on their days off. Their responses were shared on the Golden Globes Facebook Page.
The Facebook Lounge was also featured in the NBC red carpet pre-show, where Natalie Morales answered a fan’s question
But the stars didn’t stop there. Backstage, winners and presenters posed for portraits by renowned photographer Ellen Von Unwerth, which were then uploaded to the Golden Globes’ Instagram account. These gorgeous photos were also featured during the show directing viewers to the Golden Globes Instagram account.
Here are a few highlights:
George Clooney accepted the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement.
Channing Tatum used Facebook Mentions to post from the red carpet.
Common, one of the stars of Selma and Golden Globe winner for Best Original Song, posted photos and videos throughout the night.
Jaime Camil, from The CW’s Jane the Virgin took fans into the show with him.
Makeup artist Kristofer Buckle posed with Jessica Chastain for a photo using Facebook Mentions.
Nominee Reese Witherspoon unveiled her Calvin Klein dress.