Over the past two days, developers from around the world joined us for F8, our global developer conference held in San Francisco, California. We made a number of developer-focused announcements at the event. We also introduced a handful of new products and updates that we hope will make it easier for media companies, brands and other organizations to share and engage with their audiences.
Here’s a snapshot of the news you may be interested in:
- Messenger Platform — Enables developers to easily build apps that integrate with Messenger, so that the more than 600 million people who use Messenger can find new, fun ways to express themselves with GIFs, photos, videos, audio clips and more.
- Embedded Video Player — Our new embedded player lets people watch and interact with Facebook videos across the web.
- Video API Updates — We announced a number of updates to our Video API, allowing for more control and customization of videos on Facebook.
- Video Publishing Partners — We’ve extended our Media Solutions Program to include a specialization in Video Publishing. This track will include ten developers that deliver CMS platforms, clipping tools, and channel management for video.
- Comment Mirroring — We’re introducing Comments Mirroring, a new feature that joins conversations around articles on and off Facebook. In addition, we’ve improved the Comments Moderation tool with better controls against spam.
- Share and Send Buttons — Native Share and Send buttons are now available on mobile.
- Upcoming Video Upload Features for Pages — Over the coming months, we’re redesigning the video upload flow for Pages with new control and customization features including expiration dates, audience restrictions, and more.
- Spherical Video Coming to News Feed — We previewed an immersive, 360-degree video experience in News Feed that lets you choose the viewing angle to explore your surroundings.
If you’d like to learn more, you can find content from the event — like the keynote, panels and presentations, and interviews from the show floor — archived here.