Since rolling out Facebook Live to people and publishers around the world, we’ve seen incredible adoption and engagement with the new format.
We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen so far, and with this bi-weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past two weeks.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. HRH Prince Henry of Wales was live on The Royal Family‘s Page to take an HIV test to raise awareness on how easy it is to get tested, continuing his work to shine a spotlight on the fight against HIV/AIDS.
2. Celine Dion performed five songs from her final Paris concert on Facebook Live.
5. The Real Housewives of New Jersey held a Facebook Live special to coincide with the show’s season premiere. The broadcast featured The People’s Couch hosts Julie Goldman and Brandy Howard commentating during the “RHONJ” telecast, as well as stars Melissa Gorga and Teresa Giudice discussing the episode following the TV airing.
6. CBS This Morning debuted their first Facebook Live series to celebrate 100 years of the National Park Service. This weekly series, in partnership with National Geographic Travel and the U.S. Department of the Interior, will continue through August and feature nine segments hosted by National Geographic Expeditions’ trip leaders and U.S. Interior Park Rangers.
9. On his last day in Brazil, chef Jamie Oliver went live from a São Paulo neighborhood, where he drank homemade beer with the locals.
10. In May, The New York Times asked their Facebook community to help them solve a mystery after reporter Deborah Acosta found an abandoned bag of photo slides on the street in NYC. She embarked on a quest to figure out where they came from and went live last week to share her discovery.