Since rolling out Facebook Live to people and publishers around the world, we’ve seen incredible adoption and engagement with the new format.
We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen so far, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Live videos from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. Nine-time Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt went live from Facebook New York, answering fan questions about everything from his love of football, to his surprising source of inspiration, to the one celebrity he was so nervous to meet that he only was able to say a few words.
2. The WNBA used Facebook Live to stream Tamika Catchings’ emotional press conference after the final game of her storied 15-year career.
4. Three-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray streamed his exhibition tennis match against Grigor Dimitrov live on Facebook, which helped raise awareness for a pair of charities: UNICEF UK and Young People’s Futures.
6. Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold spoke about his investigation into Donald Trump’s claims about his charitable giving, mentioning that some of his investigative tips came from Facebook.
8. The New York Times‘ Live producer Deborah Acosta broadcast from the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, where many Syrian families have taken refuge. She spoke with a family that’s been there since 2012.