Since rolling out Facebook Live to people and publishers around the world, we’ve seen incredible adoption and engagement with the new format.
We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen so far, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Live videos from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt used Facebook Live to take people inside their new election center.
3. WMUR-TV kicked off the election-related #50States initiative with a Facebook Live at midnight from New Hampshire where the first votes in the country were being cast in three communities. Following this live broadcast, 49 other outlets went live from each of the remaining U.S. states in 15 minute increments throughout the day to share how the election was unfolding in their state.
5. NowThis hosted a live show throughout election day branded “No Sleep ’til POTUS,” offering a fun and unique approach to the day.
6. ABC News shared live polling results from a special Times Square installation throughout Election Day.
8. Washington Post Politics used Live to capture their use of a pair of Makerbot 3D Replicator+ machines that printed two identical models of The White House in red and blue, illustrating the election results in real-time.
10. Manny Pacquiao went live from the locker room in the moments leading up to his Saturday night showdown with Jessie Vargas, giving fans a behind-the-scenes look at how he prepared to reclaim the WBO welterweight title.