Since rolling out Facebook Live to people and publishers around the world, we’ve seen incredible adoption and engagement with the new format.
We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen so far, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Live videos from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. Glamour streamed its Women of the Year Awards on Facebook Live. It was the first time the outlet has broadcasted the event in its entirety, as well as the first time the show has been accompanied by an all-day summit of panel discussions, which were also streamed on Facebook Live throughout the day.
2. John Mayer answered fan questions about his new music and exclusively premiered his new single, “Love on a Weekend,” with a first listen on Facebook Live.
3. For the 2016 Sprint Cup Series finale, NASCAR broadcast Tony Stewart‘s in-car camera feed via Facebook Live, allowing fans to be in the front seat with the legend as he competed in his last Sprint Cup Series race.
4. Megyn Kelly went live for the first time to read a passage from her new book and answer questions from viewers.
6. As part of its Fan Night activation, NBA TV went live from the Toronto Raptors‘ morning shootaround. The broadcast featured interviews with players and coaches, as well as interactive elements such as fan comments and polling.
8. Bleacher Report went live for its third and final high school football broadcast of the season, as IMG Academy defeated Bishop Sullivan, 16-6.
9. The U.K.’s Channel 4 News was one of many news outlets to go live from outside Trump Tower in New York last week to show the foot traffic going in and out of the lobby.