Since rolling out Facebook Live to people and publishers around the world, we’ve seen incredible adoption and engagement with the new format.
We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen so far, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Live videos from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. Sky News went live from Haifa, Israel, as the city was hit by particularly bad fires, with correspondent Alex Rossi answering viewer questions.
2. Halle Berry took to Facebook Live to announce the relaunch of her fan club, HALLEWOOD.
3. Epicurious used Facebook Live to capture a chocolate turkey sitting on a table and displayed audience votes of what they should do with it; the end choice was to melt it.
4. Usain Bolt went live from the world premiere of his biopic, I Am Bolt, bringing fans to the red carpet ceremony and allowing them to hear from the nine-time Olympic gold medalist.
5. Fox News and several other news outlets used Facebook Live to update audiences in real-time on the attack at Ohio State University.
6. Amazon‘s The Man In The High Castle revealed the identify of “The Man” with Entertainment Weekly on Facebook Live.
7. Buzzfeed News took a live look at the tsunami rolling into Fukushima, Japan following a powerful earthquake.
8. NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon went live from Facebook New York, answering questions from fans in real-time and sharing some of the stories from his new book.
9. ESPN Fantasy Football expert Matthew Berry went live to chat directly with fans and provide line-up advice for the upcoming weekend’s games.
10. Wonder Woman Gal Godot used Facebook Live on Giving Tuesday to raise awareness for the children’s education nonprofit, Pencils of Promise.