Since rolling out Facebook Live to people and publishers around the world, we’ve seen incredible adoption and engagement with the new format.
We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen so far, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Live videos from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
3. The New York Times‘ food editor, Sam Sifton, interviewed the paper’s food critic, Pete Wells, via Facebook Live about the nature of his job, his disguise secrets, and this year’s best New York restaurants, taking questions from viewers in the comments.
4. Reba McEntire used Facebook Live to reveal her plans for a brand-new album and announced her first headlining show.
6. Bruce Arena, the new head coach of the U.S. Soccer Men’s National Team, went live to answer fan questions.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown went live from the team’s airplane after winning against the Cincinnati Bengals, while Oakland Raiders guard Jon Feliciano went live from the Raiders’ airplane after clinching the team’s first playoff berth in 14 years.
10. The New York Mets premiered the first episode of “Mets LIVE,” where they interviewed Jose Reyes and Brandon Nimmo and took questions from fans.