Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. MSNBC’s Morning Joe went live with Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski, Willie Geist, Michael Steele and Axios’ Jim Vandehei and Mike Allen to break down Inauguration Day and expectations for incoming President Donald Trump.
3. On Inauguration Day, Huffington Post Women went live with Bustle and a panel of “political masterminds” — including Christine Quinn, Sandra Fluke and Evan McMullin — who answered questions about how to run for office and execute a successful campaign.
4. Brazilian football star and current MLS standout Ricardo Kakà went live for a Q&A during the Major League Soccer Media and Marketing Tour, touching on the outlook for the upcoming Orlando City SC season and revealing who he wants to see join him in the MLS.
6. NASCAR went live to break down its new stage-based race format, as drivers Denny Hamlin and Austin Dillon, and Chip Ganassi Racing Teams president Steve Lauletta, discussed how the changes will impact the sport.
7. ABC 7 News – WJLA in Washington, D.C. presented live coverage of Donald Trump’s Inauguration Day.