Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. AJ+ went live from anti-corruption protests in Romania, the largest since the fall of the fall of communism in 1989.
3. A number of publishers tapped into Facebook Live on Super Bowl Sunday; the NFL went live before the game, while the champion New England Patriots went live from the on-field celebration after their thrilling victory. ESPN’s Mike Greenberg went live to deliver his Super Bowl pick, while Peter King from The MMQB used Facebook Live to answer questions from fans and preview the contest.
7. The New England Patriots used Facebook Live to help fans around the world tune into their Super Bowl victory parade in Boston.
8. ATTN: Video used Facebook Live to stream the UK Parliament debating whether President Trump should be banned from visiting the UK after his refugee and travel ban.
9. For College Football National Signing Day, a number of schools and broadcasters turned to Facebook Live to inform and entertain fans on the busiest day of the offseason; Penn State Football took fans behind the scenes with multiple live broadcasts, The Players’ Tribune broadcast Michigan’s “The Signing of the Stars” special via Facebook Live, and Bleacher Report went live as four-star defensive tackle Elijah Conliffe announced that he’ll be attending the University of Florida.
10. Philadelphia’s FOX 29 and many other local news outlets broadcast live on Facebook to follow the scene at a maximum security prison in Smyrna, Delaware where inmates took prison guards hostage.