Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. The NBA produced a Live 360 video of Adam Silver‘s media availability during NBA All-Star Weekend, giving fans a unique look at a press conference from the points of view of both the reporter and the commissioner.
4. KG Area 21 went live during the NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Contest, enabling fans to watch the high-flying action alongside, and interact with, Kevin Garnett and special guests Charles Barkley and Jason Williams.
6. Daft Punk shared exclusive footage of their new pop-up show featuring a number of past instruments, props, helmets, artwork, and more.
7. As the most powerful storm in years hit Southern California, local news outlets like NBC LA used Facebook Live to give real-time updates to their audiences.
8. Linkin Park celebrated the release of their new single, “Heavy,” with a surprise live performance.
10. ABC7 News and several other local outlets used Facebook Live to update people as thousands of California residents near the Oroville Dam were evacuated after the emergency spillway was predicted to fail.