Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. The New York Times shared live highlights from The Academy Awards, where their photographers captured fashion and more; they also invited people to join in the comments, where they posted observations from NYT reporters.
2. The Academy’s “The Oscars: All Access” show was streamed on Facebook Live before, during and after the Oscars to give fans an inside look into Hollywood’s most glamorous night.
3. Backchannel editors Jessi Hempel and Steven Levy went live to discuss the blog post about Uber that rocked Silicon Valley this weekend.
4. NASCAR went live multiple times from Daytona 500 media day, as drivers such as Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, and Brad Keselowski previewed the upcoming race and answered questions from fans.
6. Oscar host Jimmy Kimmel went live as he walked on stage for his opening monologue, an exciting behind the scenes Oscar moment.
7. The Oakland Athletics broadcast part of an intra-squad scrimmage via Facebook Live, giving fans a unique look at the club’s preparations for its Spring Training opener.