Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. Publishers such as Fox News, The Washington Post, Univision Noticias, Independent Journal Review, and C-SPAN used Facebook Live to stream President Trump’s first address to a joint session of Congress, as well as coverage before and after it.
6. The World Surf League went live as artist Damian Fulton painted a surfboard with brushstrokes informed and inspired by viewers watching in real-time.
8. ABC News Politics’ Matt Gutman went live to talk to voters in Wichita about President Trump’s first 40 days in office.
9. Nike Football used Facebook Live to broadcast Strike Night, a head-to-head goal-scoring competition between some of the world’s top footballers.
10. Chance The Rapper went live from a press conference where he announced he is donating $1 million to Chicago’s public schools.