Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. BBC NEWS went live for nearly four hours during Wednesday’s terrorist attack outside Parliament, using their feed and an audio commentary.
2. GO DUCKS used Facebook Live to capture Oregon’s celebration and head coach Dana Altman’s postgame remarks after the Ducks earned their first trip to the Final Four since 1939.
4. INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION utilized Facebook Live from space, including an “Ask an Astronaut” Q&A session and a Live spacewalk.
5. ITV NEWS went live as Berlin showed its solidarity with London, lighting the Brandenburg Gate in the colors of the Union flag.
6. LIVERPOOL FC broadcast the match-up between the Liverpool FC Legends and Real Madrid C.F. Legends via Facebook Live, as former stars competed for charity.
7. Fox’s EMPIRE returned with an exclusive Facebook Live after-show following the midseason return.
8. CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETORK hosted a Facebook Live donation campaign featuring cameos by Nick Cannon and Marie Osmond.
9. The OAKLAND RAIDERS used Facebook Live to broadcast their press conference announcing that they are moving to Las Vegas.
10. The MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES went live with Vince Carter, as the NBA veteran spent more than two hours answering questions from fans.