Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. MASHABLE used Facebook Live to stream a first date from two people that met on the dating app, “Coffee Meets Bagels.”
2. MISSISSIPPI STATE WOMEN’S BASKETBALL used Facebook Live to capture the celebration as the Bulldogs returned back to the team hotel after their shocking upset of undefeated UConn in the Final Four.
3. AL JAZEERA ENGLISH went live in 360 giving a tour of the blue Moroccan city of Chefchaouen.
5. CBS AUSTIN used Facebook Live to share real-time updates from their meteorologist with their community overnight as strong to severe thunderstorms pushed through central Texas.
6. Houston Texans defensive lineman JJ WATT went live at his former elementary school to surprise his fourth-grade teacher and celebrate her upcoming retirement.
7. STAND UP FOR RIGHTS: A BENEFIT FOR THE ACLU hosted a Facebook Live-athon with Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan, Tom Hanks and other celebrities; using the donate button in Live, they raised over $500,000.
9. The INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION went Live for a lengthy spacewalk conducted by NASA Astronaut Peggy Whitson and Shane Kimbrough. The live broadcast from space showed the astronauts upgrading the space station’s computing capabilities and preparing for the installation of a new docking port.
10. U.S. SOCCER went live as Women’s National Team member Sam Mewis chatted with Kate Parker, a photographer who just published her book, “Strong is the New Pretty.”