By Josh Mabry, News Partnerships
Local news publishers across the country use Facebook to deepen their relationships with readers by sharing the stories that matter most to their community. This month, we highlight how local outlets covered the men’s and women’s NCAA Final Four tournament.
1. WRAL TV streamed University of North Carolina fans celebrating their team’s championship victory live on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill.
2. The Oregonian mapped the University of Oregon’s trek to the Final Four in the style of the original Oregon Trail computer game.
3. WIS TV went live for the South Carolina women’s basketball national championship parade.
4. The News & Observer shared a video made by UNC fan Jared Jacobs that recreated a pivotal play from the men’s championship game using Legos. They also shared a 360 video of Tar Heels fans celebrating from inside a University of North Carolina sports bar.
5. WFSB – Channel 3 Eyewitness News went live to wish UConn’s top-ranked women’s team luck in the Final Four as they departed for the game.
6. WCIV ABC News 4 interviewed singer/songwriter Darius Rucker moments after the South Carolina Gamecocks advanced to the Final Four.
7. As the Gonzaga Bulldogs men’s basketball team left for their Final Four matchup KHQ Local News went live from Spokane.
8. Kentucky.com interviewed Kentucky Wildcat fans about their lingering pain of losing to Duke 25 years ago thanks to a game-winning shot by Christian Laetner.
9. WVLT Local 8 was live in Louisville as the Lady Vols arrived for their first round game against Dayton.
Have a story you’d like to share? Post it to our News, Media & Publishing on Facebook group.