Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. Birmingham’s ABC 33/40 meteorologist went live for over an hour straight to share live severe weather coverage updates with the community.
2. ROGER FEDERER leveraged Facebook Live to broadcast “Match for Africa 4,” a charity match featuring the the 18-time Grand Slam champion, fellow pro John Isner, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and Pearl Jam lead guitarist Mike McCready. The broadcast featured the new Facebook Live Donate button, which enabled people to donate to the Roger Federer Charitable Fund, Inc.directly on Facebook.
4. KEVIN SPACEY went Live while riding a bike in Venice, California to talk to fans directly about his new play “Darrow.”
5. FOX NEWS went live with a rally that President Trump held for supporters in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, to commemorate his first 100 days in office.
6. FC BARCELONA used Facebook Live to broadcast a match between retired El Clásico rivals, as the Barça legends defeated the Real Madrid legends, 3-2.
7. For the NFL Draft, a number of publishers leveraged Facebook Live, including YAHOO SPORTS and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, which each delivered interactive live shows on Facebook, and ALABAMA FOOTBALL, LSU FOOTBALL and the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, which each went live to bring fans behind the scenes.
8. Ahead of the Met Gala, THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART hosted a special Live walkthrough of the Rei Kawakubo exhibition led by Andrew Bolton, director of The Costume Institute at The Met.
9. Country music festival, STAGECOACH, featured exclusive ‘artist on artist’ conversations on Facebook Live for fans around the world with over 20 musicians.
10. GORDON RAMSAY announced his new Hell’s Kitchen restaurant at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas exclusively on Facebook Live.