By Josh Mabry, News Partnerships
Local news publishers across the country use Facebook to deepen their relationships with readers by sharing the stories that matter most to their community. We looked at some top videos from the past month covering the start of baseball season, the New Orleans Jazz Fest, the Boston Marathon, and more.
1. The Chicago Tribune created a powerful video about two former gang rivals now working together to keep the peace in Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood.
2. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette caught Pirates pitcher Antonio Bastardo trying to save the life of a bird that was injured during batting practice.
3. A man from outside of Syracuse, New York, bowled a perfect game in just 86 seconds. Syracuse.com shared a video of this possibly world-record breaking moment.
4. Heavy weather postponed the start of Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Nola.com went live to show off the torrential rain and then shared a photo to Instagram of the efforts to pump water from the festival grounds.
5. KTLA 5 News went live after a recent school shooting in San Bernardino.
6. The Denver Post put together a video montage of the sights and sounds of the Colorado Rockies opening day at Coors Field in downtown Denver.
7. CBS Boston captured a special Boston Marathon moment as Jose Sanchez, a veteran who lost his leg serving in Afghanistan, crossed the finish line while waving an American flag.
8. The Honolulu Star-Advertiser went live from the middle of the March for Science through downtown Honolulu.
9. The Boston Globe put a 360 degree camera behind second base in Fenway Park on opening day to capture the pre-game ceremonies.
10. ABC 33/40 went live to warn its audience of severe weather as it approached Birmingham, Alabama.
Have a story you’d like to share? Post it to our News, Media & Publishing on Facebook group.
Recent Product Updates
Two new features have been added to Crowdtangle. You can now rank Facebook posts based on all six reactions and set custom weights for your notifications.
We’ve worked closely with partners to create and test Page Like and Email Sign-Up call-to-action units, prompts for readers to like a publisher’s page or sign up for an email newsletter from within an Instant Article. Check out the blog post for more information about how to incorporate the unit into your articles.