Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
2. METALLICA went Live and included the donate in live feature to raise funds for a foundation and give fans a sneak peek of the WorldWired Tour the night before the first show.
3. NIKE went live from Autodromo Nazionale Monza in Italy for “Breaking2,” as a trio of distance runners attempted to complete a marathon in less than two hours. Eliud Kipchoge came closest, running the 26.2 miles in two hours and 25 seconds.
4. CNN was live from the Rose Garden where President Donald Trump was expected to sign an executive order that could allow churches and other religious organizations to become more politically active, according to officials.
5. BALLISLIFE used Facebook Live to broadcast the 2017 Ballislife High School All-American Game, as college basketball’s future stars showcased their skills in Long Beach, Calif. The broadcast took advantage of the interactive and social nature of Facebook, as viewers were able to judge dunks from the dunk contest and vote on the game’s MVP.
6. BLADE RUNNER 2049 used Facebook Live to debut their new trailer and Q&A with stars Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford with director Denis Villeneuve.
7. The DALLAS COWBOYS went live from their Home Run Derby fundraiser, leveraging the new Facebook Live Donate button to enable people to donate to The Salvation Army DFW Metroplex Command.
8. TODAY FOOD hosted a live “dip off” to gauge people’s favorite dip to eat with tortilla chips on Cinco de Mayo.
9. The GOLF CHANNEL went live as instructor Michael Breed provided tips and answered fan questions from the driving range at THE PLAYERS Championship.