Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. BLAKE SHELTON went live with surprise guest, Kelly Clarkson to announce that Kelly will be a coach on season 14 of The Voice.
2. NEW YORK’S PIX 11 used Facebook Live to share updates after gallons of oil were leaked into the East River and Con Ed crews raced to clean up the huge oil slick caused by a transformer malfunction.
3. JJ WATT used Facebook Live multiple times to bring fans behind-the-scenes at the JJ Watt Charity Classic, a charity softball game and home run derby Watt hosted at Minute Maid Park in Houston.
4. WASHINGTON POST WORLD went live as Emmanuel Macron’s supporters celebrate his election victory outside the Louvre.
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 DIRECTOR JAMES GUNN used Facebook Live to answer fan questions in a spoiler-filled Q&A about the blockbuster.
7. After its final match at White Hart Lane, TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR went live from the farewell ceremony to celebrate the club’s 118 years in the historic stadium.
8. THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON went live from backstage with Twin Peaks’ Kyle MacLachlan.
9. The cast of ALIEN: COVENANT visited Facebook Media Central in New York to answer fan questions about the film.
10. NETWORK A leveraged Facebook Live to broadcast the latest Formula DRIFT event at Road Atlanta.