Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. WOODY ALLEN visited Facebook Media Central to go live timed to the 40th anniversary of Annie Hall.
2. GOOD MORNING AMERICA went Live in 360 swimming with sharks and diving into the blue.
3. THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT gave fans a live tour of the Late Show’s Props Department including an exclusive behind the scenes look at Stephen’s objects and wardrobe that are used in the show on a nightly basis.
4. MLB used Facebook Live to broadcast the National League showdown between the Reds and Rockies, as Colorado emerged with the 12-6 win.
5. ABC7 went live as rescue crews tried to guide a large humpback whale back to the ocean after it got stuck in the Ventura Harbor.
6. GARTH BROOKS went live from Bridgestone Arena ahead of the Nashville Predators playoff game to announce that his wife, Trisha Yearwood, will be singing the National Anthem at the Stanley Cup.
8. CBS NEW YORK and several other news organizations went live as a car plowed into pedestrians in Times Square.
9. ITV NEWS answered questions in the PM’s first ever Facebook Live Q&A.
10. REAL MADRID went live for the post-match celebration after the club captured its first La Liga title in five years.