Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS went live several times last week after the attack there, including this video at the arena with the North Manchester Jamia Mosque.
2. AS ROMA used Facebook Live to broadcast Francesco Totti’s emotional farewell to fans after he played his final match for Roma.
3. ABC NEWS went live as New York City’s Brooklyn Bridge lit up in celebration of its 134th birthday.
4. ANDREW BIRD continued his Facebook Live series “Live from The Great Room” with special guest, Zach Galifianakis.
5. WASHINGTON POST STYLE streamed live on Facebook as hundreds of Naval Academy plebes worked together to scale a 21-foot obelisk slicked with lard as part of an annual tradition.
6. CHIVAS went live from the on-pitch celebration after capturing the Liga MX 2017 Clausura title.
7. AL JAZEERA ENGLISH went live from Donald Trump’s highly-anticipated speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia.
8. RED NOSE DAY used donate buttons in Facebook Live to raise funds and share exclusive content with celebrity guests to fans around the world timed to the NBC broadcast.
9. NASCAR driver BRAD KESELOWSKI went live to chat with fans after wrecking in the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
10. Country band, RASCAL FLATTS, visited Facebook Media Central to talk about their new album “Back to Us” and answer fan questions.