Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. Director JAMES GUNN went live with several surprise guests joining his broadcast including a fan and Nathan Fillion.
2. REAL MADRID C.F. went live from the Bernabéu as the club celebrated its second straight UEFA Champions League title in front of its home fans.
3. ARIANA GRANDE broadcast the “One Love Manchester” benefit concert via Facebook Live, using the Facebook Live Donate button to raise funds for those affected by the tragic attack in Manchester.
4. KRCG 13 in Columbia, Missouri went live with severe weather updates with the computer stationed afront a green screen and went back and forth to the weather desk for more information as it developed.
5. JENNA DEWAN TATUM went live en route to Jennifer Lopez’s home with a surprise cameo from husband Channing Tatum.
6. The NHL went live to show pre-game warm-ups in Nashville ahead of Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
7. SKY NEWS and many other publishers as incidents at London Bridge and Borough Market were confirmed as terrorism.
8. The NBA went live as legendary point guard Gary Payton interviewed Stephen Curry to preview Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
9. The WASHINGTON POST used Facebook Live to stream President Trump’s announcement of the decision to pull the U.S. from a historic Paris climate agreement.
10. MLB NETWORK went live as former MLB All-Star Sean Casey tried to get a hit off former Olympic softball star Jennie Finch.