Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. The ECONOMIST‘s editor-in-chief Zanny Minton Beddoess went live from their Page to discuss Britain’s general election fallout and answered people’s questions.
2. ESPN went live during warmups prior to Game 3 of the NBA Finals.
3. SHAKIRA went live from her album release party for her new record ‘El Dorado’ in Barcelona.
4. U.S. SOCCER went live with Men’s National Team head coach Bruce Arena following a 1-1 draw against Mexico.
5. MUSE used Facebook Live to stream their concert from the Austin 360 Amphitheatre. During the concert, the band performed three songs that were vote for by their Facebook fans.
6. FOX 5 DC and many other publishers went live as fired FBI Director James Comey testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee last Thursday.
7. To celebrate their upcoming 100th episode, the entire cast of SUITS went live from the ATX Television Festival for a table read of the pilot episode.
8. During Broadway’s biggest night, the TONY AWARDS used Facebook Live to share exclusive footage of performers and winners backstage.
9. NASCAR went live for a fan Q&A with driver Ryan Blaney after his first career victory.
10. The TONIGHT SHOW WITH JIMMY FALLON went live with the studio audience and John Cena.