Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. THE HILL went live as the Republicans and Democrats took the field for the The Congressional Baseball Game for Charity, which was played in honor of the victims of last week’s shooting as well as the heroic Capitol Police officers who protected them and allowed viewers to donate live as well.
2. ZAZA PACHULIA went live from the post game locker room celebration for the Warriors last Monday night.
3. ABC NEWS used Facebook Live to stream the Bat-Signal at Los Angeles City Hall honoring Adam West, the actor best-known for playing Batman in the 1960s TV series who died last week at the age of 88.
4. Brandon Flowers from THE KILLERS visited FBMC to talk about the new album and answer fan questions.
5. NASCAR went live with driver Ryan Blaney and the Wood Brothers Racing Team at Michigan International Speedway.
6. THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JIMMY FALLON captured host Jimmy Fallon transforming his beard into a mustache on Facebook Live.
7. BBC NEWS, along with several other news organizations, went live from the scene at Grenfell Tower was on fire in London, with updates from their reporters Claudia Redmond and Lisa Hampele.
8. New York Red Bulls went live from the tunnel prior to their U.S. Open Cup victory over NYCFC.
9. KORN visited FBLA to answer fan questions about their new music.
10. FOX Sports went live with Stuart Holden and John Strong in Saint Petersburg Stadium before the first match of the FIFA Confederations Cup.