At the same time, we know that people who re-share videos want to understand how much engagement they’re getting.
With this in mind, we are making some updates to re-share metrics:
- What’s changing for the re-sharer
- We are removing the retention graph, average watch time, 30 Seconds Views and detailed breakdown of views (autoplay/click to play, unique/repeat) – so only creators can see this information. We also tested offering minutes viewed, 10 Seconds Views and sound metrics with some Pages but will be removing them, as well, for the same reason.
- Page owners who re-share videos will be able to see aggregated information about the demographics and general location of the people who are viewing that video. They’ll also see a graph of daily views of the re-shared video, and additional breakdowns on the re-shared video related to paid versus organic activity.
- What’s changing for the creator (starting this coming month)
- We are adding insights on which Pages are re-sharing their videos and related metrics.
In addition, during our review of re-share metrics, we found two bugs impacting re-shares. First, for the Video Average Watch Time of some re-shared videos, we were displaying a zero value in video insights to the re-sharers instead of the correct value. Second, this same metric for video re-shares was displaying an incorrect value for re-sharers. These insights will no longer be displayed for re-sharers, given the above updates we’re making. It’s important to note that the bugs impacted only re-sharers of videos (not videos creators) in Page Insights (and does not impact ads insights).
The metrics and insights we provide to creators and re-sharers are a key part of informing areas of posting strategy and content creation. We are committed to continually improving the functionality, reliability, and accuracy of our systems.