Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. FOX SPORTS went live after the United States won the Gold Cup. Live video shows the award presentation and trophy lift.
2. Leading up to GLOBAL TIGER DAY, the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA) and the Animal Planet went Live from six AZA accredited zoos across the country to raise awareness and funds for the Tiger Conservation Campaign using donate buttons in Facebook Live.
3. FOX BUSINESS used Facebook Live to share a press conference as House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senator Chuck Schumer, and Senator Elizabeth Warren were joined by House and Senate Democrats to introduce their new economic agenda,”A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future.”
4. BALL IS LIFE went live with an AAU matchup between rising stars Zion Williamson and LaMelo Ball.
5. ABC 7 went live from the tarmac at O’Hare Airport in Chicago as a legendary United Airlines plane was about to take flight for the last time.
6. NOVAK DJOKOVIC went live to announce to his fans that he would be taking the rest of the tennis season off to recover from the injury he sustained at Wimbledon.
8. IDRIS ELBA visited FBNY to answer fan questions about his new film, THE DARK TOUR, out this week.
9. REESE WITHERSPOON went Live from her Book Club page with author Kate Quinn for a Q&A on her book, The Alice Network.
10. OPRAH WINFREY went Live with her friend and Director, Ava DuVernay.