Since rolling out Facebook Live, we’ve seen people and publishers around the world seize the opportunity to share their experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. We’ve been inspired by the creativity we’ve seen, and with this weekly series, we’ll highlight some interesting Facebook Lives from the past week.
Here are 10 standout live videos:
1. MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER went live with a 360 video from warm-ups before the MLS All-Star Game.
2. CBS CHICAGO went live from a dance party in Chicago’s Daley Plaza during Lollapalooza Music Festival.
3. The cast of Freeform’s FAMOUS IN LOVE went live to announce Season 2 of the show to fans first on Facebook.
4. PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME went live from prior to the annual Enshrinement Ceremony on Friday.
5. During the city’s record high temperatures, KATU PORTLAND used Facebook Live to stream two sets of crayons in the sun and see which one would melt faster.
6. JESSICA BIEL went live from her trailer ahead of the season premiere of her new show, THE SINNER.
7. NBA went live with Team World before NBA Africa Game in Johannesburg, South Africa.
8. One of Seattle station KOMO’s anchors Mary Nam, went live flying with the U.S. Navy Blue Angels over the city.
9. USA HOCKEY went live as their coaches and management announced the 2018 U.S. Men’s Olympic Roster.
10. RITA ORA answered fan questions during a Facebook Live from FBNY.