By Rebecca Rosenblat, News Partnerships
Local news publishers across the country use Facebook to deepen their relationships with readers by sharing the stories that matter most to their community. This month, we highlight how local outlets have covered the men’s and women’s NCAA tournament so far, including a variety of unique Live coverage and inspiring videos.
1. KFOR’s Nate Faken captured the moment the Oklahoma Men’s Basketball team found out they were making the tournament.
2. KETV7 celebrated Omaha hosting part of March Madness by showing off their sports spirit and welcoming fans from around the country.
3. KENS 5 & Kens5.com ensured the March Madness celebrations continued by covering a free music festival in San Antonio.
4. WLTX News 19 went Live to cover the enthusiastic sendoff for South Carolina’s Women’s Basketball team as they left their hotel for their Elite 8 game.
5. MLive went Live at a local bar in Michigan and had a Fan Cam during the Michigan vs. FSU basketball game. They even included time stamps in the comments if you’re looking for particular fan reactions.
6. ABC 11 went Live to capture a post-game interview with Coach K after their overtime loss to Kansas in the Elite 8.
7. ABC7 Chicago went Live to capture a pep-rally for Loyola Chicago before they head off to the Final Four.
8. The Kansas City Star created an inspirational video as the Jayhawks entered the tournament, with continuous coverage as they’ve progressed to the Final Four.
9. Fox19 captured a great video of the crowd cheering on Sister Jean as she wheels off the court after a Loyola-Chicago win.
10. WCBI’s Aundrea Self was Live in the arena as Mississipi State Women’s Basketball team took the court for their morning practice before their big Final 4 game.